Leave the karaoke and card tricks behind: this is your new party trick, and everyone will love you for it.
Serves four: 8 prawns or 12 prawns...or 16, perhaps. Might as well go ahead and make it 20 prawns, to be safe.
- All-purpose flour
- An egg from a happy hen
- 1cm pieces of angel hair pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Neutral vegetable oil
- Mayonnaise + your choice of fresh herbs (try cilantro or basil!)
1. Arrange your breading station: a plate with flour, a bowl with a beaten egg, and another plate with the noodles.
2. Set a couple of centimeters of oil to gently heat up while you work on your production line.
3. Clean the prawns, leaving the tail and last joint, and remove the gut with a toothpick.
4. Salt and pepper a clean plate. Yes, salt and pepper the plate. Arrange the prawns on the plate, and salt and pepper them from above. Both sides are now seasoned, no turning over required.
5. Gently flour, egg, and noodle the prawns, making sure the noodles are rrreally stuck on there, and arrange them on an empty plate.
6. Bring the oil up to medium-hot and fry the prawns until golden brown.
7. Drain the excess oil on paper and let them cool for a minute while you make the dipping sauce.
8. Chop and add the herbs and spices of your choice to the mayonnaise: basil, parsley, cilantro.
9. Dip, crunch, enjoy.